How to use and care for handmade soap bars
Washing your face and body - Wet a bar of your favorite soap (try Unscented for sensitive skin or Tea Tree for acne-prone skin) and create a lather in your hands. Close your eyes and gentle rub your face and the rest of your body in a circular motion. Rinse with cool water and pat your skin dry.
- Don't let your soap drown in water. Built in soap dishes are notorious for that.
- Feed your soap plenty of fresh air between uses. The drier it gets, the longer it will last.
- Store your soap on a well drained soap dish at all times, unless of course, you like soggy soap.
- Use a cotton wash cloth or loofah to extend its life rather than rubbing the bar all over yourself.
- Use your fresh new soap within 6 months of purchase.
- Store unused soap in a dark, dry, room temp place like a lingerie drawer or linen closet. Excessive heat, light, and moisture are natural soap's worst enemies.